Search

My 10 Most Favorite Spirituality Quotes

Over the years I have accumulated spirituality quotes. In this post I am publishing 10 of my most favorite spirituality quotes. After each quote I give the source and after the source I write why I like such a quote and how relevant it is to my life. It may also give relevance to your life and so it can help you in your quest for a deeper spirituality.

Of course I have not put here words from the sacred books, either Christian or non-Christian, like the Bible, the Qur'an, the Tao Te Ching, the Tipitaka of Buddhism, etc.. These books contain sentences which are not really meant to be my favorite ones. They are meant to be essential food for my soul.

1. For You who are the Absolute Being of all things are present to each thing as if You were concerned about no other thing at all. (from Nicholas of Cusa, De visione Dei or About the Vision of God in the translation by Jasper Hopkins).

I like this quotation from Nicholas of Cusa, a Roman Catholic Cardinal who lived in the 15th century because it tells me that God is concerned about me as though I am the only other person in the universe. As a proper response to this I consider myself and God as the only beings in this universe.

I want to tell you that God is concerned about you as though there were no other person in the whole universe but you. Such is God's great love for you that for him you are the most important person in the universe. Your value is infinite before God. Rejoice!

2. He who has You, 0 Lord, knows and has all things. He who sees You has all things, for no one sees You except him who has You. (Again from the same book of Nicholas of Cusa)

I like this quote because it tells me that I have all things in God. This has been taught again and again by the manifestors who teach the law of attraction. I have all the abundance in the world. I am infinitely wealthy in God.

Do not consider yourself poor. Consider yourself rich and your thinking will open to you opportunities to manifest this richness which you have in God.

3. In order to arrive at having pleasure in everything,
Desire to have pleasure in nothing.
In order to arrive at possessing everything,
Desire to possess nothing.
In order to arrive at being everything,
Desire to be nothing.
In order to arrive at knowing everything,
Desire to know nothing.
(from John of the Cross, ASCENT TO MOUNT CARMEL, as translated by E. Allison Peers. John of the Cross is reputedly the Prince of Mystics.)
I like this spirituality quote because it tells me about the paradoxical character of being all, having all, knowing all. This is attained by being nothing, having nothing, and knowing nothing.

This is the best advice I can give to somebody who wants to be somebody in life: Become a nobody and you will be a somebody. This is very true and yet its truth cannot be known unless you experience it. All genuine spirituality passes through this paradox, becoming nothing to being all, possessing nothing to have all, knowing nothing to become all wise.

4. At the evening of life, you will be examined in love. (from the Sayings of John of the Cross)

I like this quotation from John of the Cross because it tells me that all spirituality revolves around love. As Augustine of Hippo I think said, Love God and do whatever you please. Love summarizes all the motions in spirituality.

If you love you have found yourself.

5. For all the evil in the world comes from ignorance of the truths of the holy writings in their clear simplicity, of which not one iota shall pass away. (From Teresa of Avila, Her Autobiography).

I like this statement because it tells me that all the evil in the world is caused by ignorance of the truth. Therefore as I share the truth with others to that extent I am lessening the evil in the world.

This places upon you the responsibility of knowing the truth. As you know the truth and share it with others you contribute to lessening the evil in the world. But I notice that most of our teachers are not really teaching the truth, they teach ideas that have been handed down to them by other teachers or by books.

6. The power of attention can be more readily understood by comparing it with a sun glass in which the rays of sunlight are focused — they possess no particular strength as long as the glass is moved about and the rays directed from one place to another; but let the glass be held perfectly still and let the rays be focused on one spot for any length of time, the effect will become immediately apparent. So with the power of thought: Let power be dissipated by scattering the thought from one object to another, and no result is apparent; but focus this
power through attention or concentration on any single purpose for any length of time and nothing becomes impossible. (from Charles F. Haanel, The Master Key System).

I like this statement because it tells me that the reason why my thinking before had no power was because it was spread across so many objects of attention. But once I concentrate it on one thing then it has got power like the magnifying glass burning a piece of paper.

You may want to discipline your thinking so that you can focus it on one thing and you will attain whatever you think of.
7. In other words, when we free our minds from all thoughts of debt and try to realize more and more the presence of plenty, we shall soon be strong enough to reach out and realize abundance for our debtors. As they are lifted up from the thoughts of limitation and lack, they will attract more and more substance with which they can pay their bills. In this way, and only in this way, can debts be permanently canceled. (from Raymond Holliwell, Working with the Law)

This statement really surprised me. I did not know that the secret to abundance was in the prayer Our Father. And the reason why our economies are failing is because we are so heavily dependent upon debts.

Why not try this method of forgiving all debts owed to you? It can only lead to abundance to you personally and to your former debtors.

8. You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are! (From Eckhart Tolle, reputedly the most spiritual man living today)

This means that each one of us is part of a great divine plan. If we fail in life the failure is a failure of this divine plan. That is why it is most painful and most dreadful to fail.

You are a divine being because you came from a divine being. Claim your right and behave accordingly.

9. You'll See It When You Believe It. (from Wayne Dyer, reputedly the third most spiritual man today, this is a title of his book)

I like very much this statement because it tells me that believing is a kind of seeing. Believing is not making oneself believe what is not true. It is seeing the truth.

If you have spiritual vision you will always believe.
10. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. (from Dalai Lama, reputedly the second most spiritual person in the world today)

This statement sums up the true religion of all genuinely spiritual men and women. If we only adhere to this kind of thinking we would not burden people with building huge and small churches which only feed the ego of the religious leaders and their members.

If you adhere to this kind of thinking you will certainly make this world a better place to live in. Genuine spirituality is the way to a brighter future.

So there you are with my 10 most favorite spirituality quotes. There are others of course which have also made an impact in my life. But these 10 seem to give me the most impact. Later they may supplanted by other quotes, but for the present they are my 10 most favorite spirituality quotes.

Here are my other blogs which may be of help to you:
for your spiritual growth

for your health

for learning about the new trends around us

for earning some income from the Internet

Here are your links to download the e-books for FREE. To download a copy of A NEW CHRIST by Wallace D. Wattles click this website http://bit.ly/anewchrist. To download a free copy of A NEW EARTH by Eckhart Tolle click this website http://bit.ly/ebookanewearth. I hope that you enjoy reading these free e-books and profit much from them, as I have also profited greatly from them.

1 comment:

  1. It is best tips for me. Michael w leroy is a man of mild mind. He is a high ambitious person. He has great desires to
    be a reach man. He doesn't like talk so much as he achieved B.B.A and M.B.A degree
    from a renowned University. http://images.jailbase.com/arrested/fl-occ/2012-07-14/michael-w-leroy-12025696.pic1.jpg
    I am also impressed with his behavior. I like to talk with
    him. He has convincing power that I should say great! He is honest in his work and
    performance. He is also courteous. He has another power that I can do anything on
    which he has no predicated experience. Say to true he is a religious person with
    due personality.

    ReplyDelete